Friday, November 29, 2013

Global Eyes: Monsoon Rain











ALLIANCE FRANÇAISE DE SINGAPOUR, 1 Sarkies Road – Societe Generale Gallery. It is 29th November 2013 and there is a monsoon outside. A monsoon. Rain, wind, beams of lightning. I keep looking out the window expecting a whale to fly by… or at the very least a dolphin. Sipping coffee when its raining and am now trying to trace the journey that has led me here, attempting to figure out how and where it all started. My life has certainly not followed any  prescribed path. I refuse to accept absolute answers in exchange for gentle truths, and I count my wealth in the ability to own my dreams and pursue them when I wake up each morning. I abandon any faith as being entirely right, but rather recognize the fact that each one contains so many truths and accept the goodness and compassion of each as the juice and gift of life. I challenge my students to be citizens of the world and to rejoice in the differences they experience and encounter. They are black, brown, yellow, and white. All as one family on this living planet where we sing, dance, music and art.

~ Tan Haur
iPhoneographer 













No comments: